Sunday, October 30, 2016

Mermaid Tiara

Hello! Today's craft was lots of fun (and frustrating) to make!  I was inspired to make my tiara by a Pinterest post.  Unfortunately, mine didn't go quite as smooth as the Pinterest post, but I'm incredibly pleased with how my tiara turned out! 

What you'll need:
-Tiara
-Sea Shells
-Pearl Paint (I used Martha Stewart Brand)
-Crafting Pearls
-Hot Glue Gun
-Wood Glue
-Super Glue


The Pinterest post I found used a dollar store tiara, however I didn't like the selection at the dollar store, a lot of the tiaras were made of plastic and weren't going to hold up once the shells were attached.  I purchased my tiara from Walmart.  I made sure that the tiara had higher arches so that I had surface area to attach the shells.  I started by painting the shells. Once they were dry, I started gluing the shells on from the center out.  The glue situation was a little frustrating.  Hot glue was good for a quick fix, however, it wasn't holding up.  I ended up using both wood glue and hot glue. The wood glue provided a stronger bond over time.  I attached the tiny shells and crafting pearls using super glue.  I love the way my mermaid tiara turned out!  Hope y'all enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment