Sunday, April 8, 2012

Glass Jar Make-Over

I found my second project on Pintrest.  Click here to view original post!  This was another easy little project.  Supplies: Scrapbook paper, paint brush, Mod Podge (the glue/finish), jars, ribbon, and scissors! First, empty and clean jars... I used a spaghetti sauce jar, a mason jar, and a Maker's Mark bottle.

After removing all labels, measure your scrapbook paper to the jar or bottle.  Using the paint brush, apply Mod Podge to the back of the scrapbook paper, and place on the jar.  Smooth out any bubbles or seams, then apply a coat of Mod Podge to the scrapbook paper.  It dries fairly fast.  I just tied a ribbon around the jar and placed flowers inside!

The cost of this project- Mod Podge is roughly $10, scrapbook paper was 50 cents a sheet, the jars should be recycled which makes them... free! I saved some money by using a sponge instead of a paint brush. And, all of my supplies had leftovers for other projects!


No comments:

Post a Comment