Saturday, April 7, 2012

My first project...

I was recently paging through the West Elm catalog.  I loved the idea of recycled glass bottles... However, in the catalog, they run from $6-$29.  I didn't want to pay that much.  I knew I wanted something in a blue tone to match my living room.
The cost of this project... $0!!! The Pinnacle bottles came from a bar, I just asked for the empty bottles.  The roses were a gift and I just dried them!  This was a pretty quick and painless project!
I decided to use Pinnacle Vodka bottles! I loved the shape and color.  My first step (after emptying the bottles of course) was to clean them and remove the stickers and foil.  Removing the foil was probably the hardest part to this entire process.  I used goo gone to remove any glue left from the stickers.  After they were washed and dried, I placed a dried rose in each bottle. It adds a great touch to my living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment